About Frida Kahlo Skateboard Deck Triptych | Musart on Decks
Bringing together tradition and contemporary culture, Musart Boutique is proud to present our exclusive original collection Musart on Decks featuring limited edition skateboard decks, displaying art historical timeless masterpieces which bridge the traditional history of art and contemporary skateboarding culture at accessible prices. Part of Musart Boutique’s original collection Musart on Decks comes this exclusive limited edition of 100 Frida Kahlo Skateboard Deck Triptych featuring her notorious work The Two Fridas (1939). After divorcing Diego Rivera, the artist once again represents two figures holding hands, who are mirror images of one another except for their differing Mexican and European attires. Prior to marrying Rivera in 1929, Frida Kahlo enjoyed wearing the European dress of the era evidenced through the self-portrait figure on the left, representative of her European heritage. After marrying Rivera and their mutual involvement with the Mexican communist party, which romanticized Mexican indigenous communities, Frida Kahlo was encouraged by Rivera to wear her iconic traditional Mexican attire represented in the self-portrait on the right. Frida does not limit herself to depicting the multicultural duality in her identity. Instead, she links her traditional European and Mexican attires to her relationship with Diego Rivera, through the visceral representation of the bond expressed through a vein joining both figures. On one end, the Frida wearing the Mexican attire appears strong and filled with blood while holding Rivera’s portrait on one hand, and the hand of the European-dressed Frida with the other. On the other end, the Frida dressed in traditional European clothes appears with an exposed suffering heart which clamps down the figurative and literal tie to Rivera with a hemostat. Frida’s suffering brought by her literal and metaphorical rupture with Rivera is graphically represented in the spilling blood which runs and stains her white and gold-embroidered European dress. More details on Frida Kahlo Skateboard Deck Triptych – The Two Fridas (1939):
- Musart on Decks, The Two Fridas (1939), Triptych Limited edition of 100, Skateboard Deck Sets
- Material: 100% Canadian/American Maple wood.
- Measurements Mellow Concave Skateboard set of 3: (Angles) Approx. 19.25º nose and 18.5º tail with a medium center concave. (Dimensions) 32″H x 8″L x 0.5″W Inches (est.)
- Weight: 8.14 lbs (est)
- Additional Features: Includes Skateboard Deck Display wall mounts.
- Photo Credit: © 2018 Banco de México Diego Rivera Frida Kahlo Museums Trust, Mexico, D.F. / Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York. Photo Credit: Schalkwijk / Art Resource, NY.