About Herschel Basquiat Daypack – “Now’s The Time” – Black
This Herschel Basquiat Daypack celebrates the enigmatic New York City artist’s expressive work. Built with a lightweight washed fabric, this simple and convenient design features his iconic “Now’s The Time” vinyl record painting from 1985. “Now’s the Time” derives its title from the inscription on one of Jean-Michel Basquiat’s boldest paintings, a large, roughly cut plywood disk, depicting a 45 of Charlie Parker’s eponymous bebop composition. This collaborative backpack displays Jean-Michel Basquiat’s signature style . This hershel Basquiat backpack design is finished with padded and adjustable shoulder straps and topped off with Basquiat’s crown logo embroidered above Herschel’s signature woven brand tag, creating a one-of-a-kind design that celebrates the legendary artist’s iconic style. 1980s art icon and native New Yorker Jean-Michel Basquiat was hailed for works that draw on a multivalent range of sources, from Greek, Roman, and African art to jazz, pop culture and his artistic contemporaries. Before he rose to art stardom, however, his work was already legendary on the streets of downtown NYC. Under the tag SAMO©, Basquiat’s fragmented poetry and poignant symbols established a visual vocabulary that continues to inspire a new generation of graffiti artists today. More details on Herschel Basquiat Daypack – “Now’s The Time” – Black:
- Dimensions: 17.75″(H) x 12.25″(W) x 5″(D)
- Weight: 1.5 Lb
- Materials:100% enzyme washed cotton canvas
- Color: Black
- © Herschel Supply Co. x Estate of Jean-Michel Basquiat Licensed by Artestar, New York
- Basquiat “Now’s The Time” vinyl record screen print
- Signature Herschel Supply Co. & Jean-Michel Basquiat collection.
- Art from Jean-Michel Basquiat throughout the exterior.
- Front storage pocket with organizers and key clip.
- Slim cotton webbing shoulder straps.
- Haul handle for easy carry.
- Exposed plastic zippers
- Basquiat crown logo embroidery & woven brand label on front.