About Keith Haring Wooden Magnetic Shapes Set – Mudpuppy
The Keith Haring Wooden Magnetic Shapes is the perfect accent of colorful modern art in magnetic surfaces of your home. Packaged in a playful milk carton box, each set comes with 35 pieces featuring iconic images from Haring ‘s prolific career, made with 80% recycled wood and full magnetic backing. Both decorative and functional, the Keith Haring Wooden Magnetic Shapes promise hours of fun and the invaluable beginnings of an art education. Haring grew up in Kurtztown, Pennsylvania, attended the School of Visual Arts in New York, and, as did Jean-Michel Basquiat burst onto the New York art scene as a graffiti artist in the city’s subway system. The authorities would constantly remove Haring’s chalk figures, drawn on blank black posters awaiting for advertisers. Haring quickly gained a wide and appreciative audience for his linear cartoon-inspired fantasies and began to sell paintings to avid collectors. Haring, like Andy Warhol, was thoroughly in tune with pop culture and displayed a genius for marketing himself and his work. Haring developed a distinctive vocabulary of cartoon figures all rendered with such vibrancy and cheerfulness that they can neither be ignored nor dismissed. More details on Keith Haring Wooden Magnetic Shapes Set – Mudpuppy:
- Dimensions (Package): Milk Carton Package – 3.5″ x 8.5″ x 2.75″ inches (9 x 21 x 7cm)
- Dimensions (Individual Pieces): 1.75 x 3.25″ inches
- Weight: 0.8 lbs (est)
- Materials: Magnetic pieces made of 80% recycled wood. Packaging contains 85% recycled paper. Printed with nontoxic, soy-based inks.
- Additional Details: Milk carton- shaped package with resealable snap closure.
- Additional details: 30-40 wooden magnetic pieces.