About Gustav Klimt Goebel Coasters – Set of 6 – Masterpieces II
This exclusive Gustav Klimt Goebel Coasters Set of 6 includes six timeless masterworks by the Vienna Secessionist artist. This set of coasters are not suitable for use with cookware taken directly from oven or stove top, yet are heat resistant up to temperatures of 110ºC/225ºF in order to protect your furniture surfaces from staining or scratching. Gustav Klimt’s main subject in his work was the female body. He became known for the highly decorative style and erotic nature of his works, which were seen as a rebellion against the traditional academic art of his time. Klimt was a prominent member of an innovating group of artists called “the Vienna Secession” and is considered to be one of the main pioneers of modern art. Apart from this, his ornamental Jugendstil style evokes an irresistible feeling which is inspired by the “fin-de-siecle” of 19th century Vienna: elitist, liberal middle class, decadent, pleasantly-decorative. Klimt Combined monumental style with Byzantine-like ornamental art and classical symbolism, created against the background of romanticism which was so characteristic of his time. His work was criticized for being too sensual and erotic, although they’ve proven today to be some of the most memorable paintings to ever emerge from the Vienna Secession movement. Klimt “Golden Phase” is quite possibly his most widely recognized period of art. Gustav Klimt artworks featured in this set of coasters include:
- Klimt, Gustav. The Kiss. 1907-1908. Galerie Belvedere, Vienna.
- Klimt, Gustav. Portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer. 1907. Neue Gallery, NY.
- Klimt, Gustav. Die Musik. 1895. Part of Beethoven Frieze, Secession Building.
- Klimt, Gustav. Judith I. 1901. Galerie Belvedere, Vienna.
- Klimt, Gustav. Expectation. 1909. Part of the Palais Stoclet, Brussels.
- Klimt, Gustav. Fulfillment. 1909. Part of Beethoven Frieze, Secession Building.
More details on Gustav Klimt Goebel Coasters – Set of 6 – Masterpieces II:
- Dimensions: 4.13″ x 4.13″ x 1.18″H inches
- Weight: 0.5 lbs (est)
- Material: Hardboard, Cork backing (set of 6)
- Care instructions: With a damp cloth, do not submerge under water. Do not expose to direct sunlight.