About Galison – Andy Warhol Double Sided Puzzle – 500 Pieces
This exclusive Galison Andy Warhol Double Sided Puzzle of 500 pieces features two versions of the iconic 20th-century American pop artist Andy Warhol’s masterpieces. The puzzle pieces have a matte finish on one side and a glossy finish on the other to facilitate sorting the pieces before the fun begins. Both puzzle images include Andy Warhol’s iconic Campbell Soup Cans. One side more challenging than the other; side one features Warhol’s work “Colored Campbell’s Soup Cans” (1965) and side two features “200 Campbell’s Soup Cans” (1962). Appropriating images from popular culture, Warhol created many paintings that remain icons of 20th-century art, such as his paintings of Campbell’s Soup Cans and Marilyn Monroe. Warhol’s art was a mirror of his time, which is reflected in the mass media images he used in his art to confront aspects of American culture. Warhol said “If you want to know all about Andy Warhol, just look at the surface: of my paintings and films and me, and there I am. There’s nothing behind it.” While his work speaks eloquently of the concerns and issues of its moment, it also has a universality and conceptual power that transcends any particular period of artistic movement. More details on Galison – Andy Warhol Double Sided Puzzle – 500 pieces:
- Dimensions (Packaging): 11.5 x 8.5 x 1.5″ inches
- Dimensions (Puzzle): 24″ x 18″ inches
- Materials: 90% recycled paper (greyboard), 70% recycled paper (packaging), printed with nontoxic inks.
- Weight: 1.5 lbs (est)
- Additional Features: Contains informational insert about artist and image
- Warning: Not suitable for children under 3 years of age as this product contains small pieces which may present a choking hazard.
- ©/®/TM The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts, Inc. Trademarks Licensed by Campbell Soup Company. All Rights Reserved.
- Designed by Galison
- Side no. 1 Artwork: Colored Campbell’s Soup Can, 1965. Acrylic, Spray Paint and Silkscreen Ink and Pencil on Linen. 36″ x 24″ inches.
- Side no. 2 Artwork: 200 Campbell’s Soup Cans, 1962. Casein, Spray Paint and Pencil on Cotton. 72″ x 100″ 1/8 inches.