About Dali Jigsaw Puzzle – The Disintegration of The Persistence of Memory (1952-54)
This Dali Museum Salvador Dali Jigsaw Puzzle of 1000 pieces features the Spaniard Surrealist Artist’s workThe Disintegration of The Persistence of Memory. Dalí’s work The Disintegration of The Persistence of Memory made in 1952-54 is a response to his earlier work The Persistence of Memory made in 1931 while still part of the Surrealist Movement. Salvador Dalí made Disintegration of The Persistence of Memory during the time when he was living in the United States right after World War II which included the events of the Pearl Harbor attack and the atomic bombings in the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The Disintegration of The Persistence of Memory represents a reflection upon the fear of destruction during the Nuclear Age. The cubic-fractioning of elements in the artwork is suggestive of atoms. The olive tree in the artwork which represents Peace is also torn as the result of some missile-like shapes. Dalí’s notorious iconography of the melted clock, present in his previous 1931 work The Persistence of Memory, also serves to represent the imminent threat of the destruction brought by the Atomic of everything both material and immaterial in our reality, including Peace and Time. Scholars also suggest that the artwork can also be suggestive of a statement with regards to Dalí’s separation from the Surrealist Movement in the latter years of his artistic career. More details on Salvador Dali Jigsaw Puzzle – The Disintegration of The Persistence of Memory (1952-54):
- Dimensions (Package): 12.2″ x 2.1″ x 10″H
- Dimensions (Puzzle): 26.63″ x 19.25″ (est)
- Additional Features: 1000 Pieces
- Weight: 2 lbs (est)
- Original Artwork: Salvador, Dalí. The Disintegration of the Persistence of Memory. 1952-54. Oil on canvas. 25.4 × 33 cm. The Dalí Museum, St. Petersburg, FL.
- Additional features: Artist biography and painting history included.
- Puzzles Plus, Inc., © The Dalí Museum, FL.
- © Salvador Dalí, Fundació Gala-Salvador Dalí, (Artists Rights Society), 2013
- Warning: For Ages 13 , Choking Hazard. Small Parts.