About Bearbrick Kanazawa Gold Leaf – Kutani-yaki Porcelain – Size Version 400%
The Japanese collectible toy company Medicom Toy produced this exclusive collector’s edition Kutani Bearbrick Kanazawa Gold Leaf available in the size version 400%. This unique Bearbrick is made of Kutani-yaki Japanese Porcelain covered in Kanazawa Japanese Gold Leaf of 24K. Kutani-yaki is a style of Japanese porcelain traditionally believed to be from Kutani, now a part of Kaga, Ishikawa, in the former Kaga Province. Kutani pottery is divided into two phases: Ko-Kutani (old Kutani), from the 17th and early 18th centuries, and Saikō-Kutani from the revived production in the 19th century. A gold leaf is made by beating gold into an extremely thin sheet with a thickness of 0.1 to 0.125 millionths of a meter. The production of gold leaf in Japan started in Kanazawa at the end of the 16th century. The Maeda family, who ruled the Kaga Clan (the present Ishikawa and Toyama areas) in feudal times, invited many artisans to Kanazawa. The Shogunate in Edo (present Tokyo), however, allowed gold beating in limited areas, such as Edo and Kyoto. Therefore, it is around the second half of the 19th century when the production of gold leaf was revived publicly in Kanazawa. Presently, Kanazawa produces 99% of domestic gold leaf and 100% of domestic silver leaf and platinum leaf in Japan. These products generically called “Kanazawa haku” are Japan’s designated traditional handicrafts. Gold leaf is used for handicrafts, such as vessels and ornaments, as well as the decoration of temples, shrines, Buddhist altars, and Buddhist instruments. More details on Bearbrick Kanazawa Gold Leaf Kutani – Size Version 400%
- Dimensions (Figurine): 11″ x 5″ x 4″ inches
- Dimensions (Package): 14.25″ L x 10″W x 6.5″ H
- Weight (Figurine): 1.2 lbs
- Weight (Package): 5 lbs (est)
- Materials: Kutani-yaki Porcelain, Kanazawa Gold Leaf; Hira Oshi (Pure Gold Leaf).
- Made in Japan
- Medicom Toy Plus | Produced by Midland Creation Inc. Present by Medicom Toy Corp.
- Bearbrick™ & © 2001-2019 Medicom Toy Corporation. All rights reserved.
- Ages 15+ Adult collectible. Not a toy.