About Jean-Michel Basquiat Scented Candle Trumpet – Ligne Blanche
This Ligne Blanche Jean-Michel Basquiat Scented Candle Trumpet displays the iconic New York School Graffiti artist‘s characteristic artistic style. The porcelain candle holder is made in Limoges Porcelain, featuring the signature “Porcelain de Limoges”, which attests to its fine quality. In addition, the scented candle produced by Givaudan has a fragrance of almond and morello cherry. Jean-Michel Basquiat emerged from the “Punk” scene in New York as a gritty, street-smart graffiti artist who successfully crossed over from his “downtown” origins to the international art gallery circuit. In a few fast-paced years, Basquiat swiftly rose to become one of the most celebrated, and possibly most commercially exploited American “naif” painters of the widely celebrated Neo-Expressionism art movement. Despite his work’s “unstudied” appearance, Basquiat very skillfully and purposefully brought together in his art a host of disparate traditions, practices, and styles to create a unique kind of visual collage, one deriving, in part, from his urban origins, and in another a more distant, African-Caribbean heritage. More details on Jean-Michel Basquiat Scented Candle Trumpet – Ligne Blanche:
- Dimensions: 2.6″ x 2.6″ x 3.2″H inches
- Weight: 0.5 lbs
- Materials: (Candleholder) Limoges Porcelain, Scented Candle.
- Fragrance (By Givaudan): Almond and Morello Cherry.
- Original Artwork: Basquiat, Jean-Michel. Trumpet. 1984. Acrylic and oil stick on canvas. 152.4 x 152.4 cm. Private Collection
- Porcelaine de Limoges, Made in France
- © Estate of Jean-Michel Basquiat, Licensed by Artestar.