About Jean-Michel Basquiat Moleskine Notebook – Special Edition – Blue
- Dimensions: 8.5″ x 5.25″ x 0.5″ inches
- Weight: 1 lb (est)
- Materials: Elastic Closure, Ivory-colored, 70 g/m², acid-free paper, Hardcover Notebook | 240 Pages.
- Additional features: Matching bookmark ribbon, expandable inner pocket in the back, themed stickers,
- reusable themed paperband B-SIDE featuring additional printed tools.
- Additional Details: “In case of loss” notice printed on the flyleaf.
- Moleskine creates FSC®-certified products
About Jean-Michel Basquiat
Like Andy Warhol and other Pop Artists, Jean-Michel Basquiat eloquently critiqued the elitist pedestal of art through his popular culture references and immediately recognizable imagery. Basquiat also presented challenges to the institution of Art, along with the graffiti artist Keith Haring, who both served as intermediary artists attempting to bridge the academically-trained artistic production with that of the intuitive and non-traditional graffiti art. Like Haring, Basquiat also used recognizable symbols and archetypal figures used in other works such as the crown on top of the dinosaur, which is often found on figures he revered or respected.