About Andy Warhol Pocket Planner – Galison
This Galison Andy Warhol Pocket Planner is handy at the desk, on the go, or even in your laptop bag. From the cover quote, “The world fascinates me” through the back page pocket quote, “In the future, everybody will be world famous for 15 minutes,” you’ll be inspired by Andy Warhol aphorisms as you plan your own future. The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts, Inc., a New York not-for-profit corporation aims to promote the visual arts and preserve the 20th-century influential artist Andy Warhol’s cultural legacy. As the preeminent American artist of the 20th century, Andy Warhol challenged the world to see art differently. Appropriating images from popular culture, Warhol created many paintings that remain icons of 20th-century art, such as his paintings of Campbell’s Soup Cans and Marilyn Monroe. Warhol’s art was a mirror of his time, which is reflected in the mass media images he used in his art to confront aspects of American culture. Warhol said “If you want to know all about Andy Warhol, just look at the surface: of my paintings and films and me, and there I am. There’s nothing behind it.” While his work speaks eloquently of the concerns and issues of its moment, it also has a universality and conceptual power that transcends any particular period of artistic movement. More details on Andy Warhol Pocket Planner – Galison:
- Dimensions: 4.5″ x 5.75″ x 0.75″ (11.4 x 14.6 x 0.19 cm)
- Weight: 0.5 lbs
- Materials: 192 Pages, Hardcover, Gusseted Pocket, Elastic Closure.
- Additional Features: Undated weekly and monthly sections; Checklists, contacts, room for notes, sketches, and more!
- ©/®/TM The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts, Inc.
- Trademarks Licensed by Campbell Soup Company. All Rights Reserved