About Andy Warhol Galison Keepsake – Greatest Hits Notecard Box
This exclusive Andy Warhol Galison Keepsake Greatest Hits Notecard Box includes 16 assorted notecards and 17 colored envelopes, produced under a license from The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts, Inc., a New York not-for-profit corporation. It is aimed to promote the visual arts and preserve the 20th-century influential artist Andy Warhol’s cultural legacy. As the preeminent American artist of the 20th century, Andy Warhol challenged the world to see art differently. Appropriating images from popular culture, Warhol created many paintings that remain icons of 20th-century art, such as his paintings of Campbell’s Soup Cans and Marilyn Monroe. Warhol’s art was a mirror of his time, which is reflected in the mass media images he used in his art to confront aspects of American culture. Warhol said “If you want to know all about Ady Warhol, just look at the surface: of my paintings and films and me, and there I am. There’s nothing behind it.” While his work speaks eloquently of the concerns and issues of its moment, it also has a universality and conceptual power that transcends any particular period of artistic movement.
- Warhol, Andy. Self-Portrait, 1964. Acrylic, silver paint and silkscreen ink on linen, 20″ x 16″ inches.
- Warhol, Andy. Cow, 1966. Screenprint on wallpaper, 45″ x 29″ inches.
- Warhol, Andy. Flowers, 1970. Screenprint on white paper, 36″ x 36″ inches.
- Warhol, Andy. Banana, 1966. Screenprint on styrene, 24″ x 53″ inches.
- Warhol, Andy. $1.57 Giant Size, 1963. Screenprint on coated record cover stock, 12″ x 12″ inches.
- Warhol, Andy. $1, 1982. Screenprint on Lenox Museum Board, 20″ x 16″ inches.
- Warhol, Andy. Double Mona Lisa, 1963. Silkscreen ink on canvas. 28.5″ x 37″ inches.
- Warhol, Andy. Colored Campbell’s Soup Can, 1965. Synthetic polymer paint and silkscreen ink on canvas. 36.25″ x 54.4″ inches
More Details on Andy Warhol Galison Keepsake Greatest Hits – Notecard Box:
- Dimensions: Box 4.75″ x 6″ x 1.25″ inches; Cards 4.25″ x 5.5″ inches.
- Weight: 1 lbs (est)
- Material: 16 assorted notecards, 17 colored envelopes, a sturdy reusable box with magnetic closure.
- Galison, Designed in the U.S.A. Printed in China. Warhol Collection.
- ©/®/TM The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts, Inc. Trademarks Licensed by Campbell Soup Company. All Rights Reserved.